More Additions Coming Your Way
by Bruce Johnson
One of the many things we have all noted about a virtual 34th National Arts and Crafts Conference is that, unlike a printed schedule of events, an online agenda can be changed with a few clicks of the keyboard. As our conference has progressed these past two weeks, additional exhibitors, attendees, and participants have come forward with more videos, live chats, demonstrations, and tours for you.
Even though we began the month of February with a packed daily schedule, we have been able to insert nearly all of these suggestions into our agenda. Keep in mind that once a video or recording has been released, registered participants can watch it anytime between now and March 15 at our Video On Demand section.
Here, then, are some recent additions and changes to our conference agenda. Please see the agenda at www.Arts-CraftsConference.com for details.
* Featured Show Item – We have asked each of our exhibitors to select one item from their inventory which will be discounted – but just between Monday, February 15 and Sunday, February 21. Be sure to check out their websites using our Exhibitor Profile Boxes at our show segment to see what special deal they have to offer you.
* The annual Historic Homes Tour presented by the Preservation Society of Asheville and Buncombe County. This three-home video tour is 40 minutes long. The proceeds help to support the Preservation Society in our battle to preserve our architectural heritage. For information, please go to www.psabc.org.
* A Featured Video Demonstration: “The Tile-Making Process at Motawi Tileworks” is now available at our Video On Demand section.
* A New Tour Starting 2/14: “A Stroll Around the Grounds at Craftsman Farms” with Executive Director Vonda Givens is now available for your viewing.
* A Live Presentation and Q & A (2/17 at 4:00pm EST) Barbara Pierce of CJ Hurley Century Arts will discuss choosing colors for exterior painting and will offer practical advice for participants who can also ask questions. For those who want to view the event or the recording, please contact them at www.cjhurley.com.
* Stickley Factory Tour – Starting February 18th we will be highlighting three videos taking you behind the scenes of the Stickley furniture factory in upstate New York.
* A LIVE Tour of the new Education Center at Craftsman Farms – “A Live Tour of the New Education Center at Craftsman Farms” will now take place on February 19 at 4:00pm (EST).
* A Live Chat – On February 20, artist Keith Rust of Keith Rust Illustration will host a Zoom session at 1:00pm (EST). For information and the Zoom link, please visit Keith Rust’s website at www.keithrustillustration.com.
* A Live Studio Demonstration – On February 21 at 1:30pm, designers Barbara Pierce and CJ Hurley will share the process of a recent stained-glass project from the initial design to the finished product. For those who want to view the event or the recording, please contact them at www.cjhurley.com.
* A New Discussion: Also on February 21, you can share a story of your favorite piece at our “Arts and Crafts Show & Tell” at 3:00pm (EST). Or you can just watch, enjoy, and learn!
* A New Live Chat – In addition, on Sunday, February 21, at 5:00pm (EST) furniture designer Debey Zito and master woodcarver Terry Schmitt of ZitoSchmitt Design will host a live chat from their studio. Please email email@example.com for the link.
* A Live Studio Demonstration – On February 24 at 4:00pm (EST), Roycroft Master Artist and Exhibitor CJ Hurley will come to you live from his studio while he is painting and discussing a current art and interior design project. For those who want to view the event or the recording, please contact them at ww.cjhurley.com.
As always, complete and updated information and links, as well as the conference registration form, are available at www.Arts-CraftsConference.com.