Phoenix Chair Co.
Year: 1875 - ca. 1930
Notes: The Phoenix Chair Company was founded in 1875 by a group of businessmen in Sheboygan, WI, and for a time Watson Crocker served as the superintendent there. In 1880, however, the Crocker brothers formed the Crocker Chair Co. The company had 2 large factories by 1894, known as factory A and Factory B, as well as a factory and sawmill at Antigo. The Crocker interest in the company was passed eventually to E. A. Zundel, and in 1924 to Dr. G. W. Brickbauer. The firm went out of business in the 1930's, a casualty of the Depression.
Photo Credit: **Photo courtesy of Pete Maloney